No products in the cart.
DTH is Direct To Home service where through satellites you can directly view television; consumers get this service without a mediator involved. It does not require a cable operator as you are in direct touch with the broadcaster. Many online service providers deal with DTH services as well. DTH comes with several other benefits besides bringing you the television service. Take a look at various service providers and what they offer:
When you opt for DTH Subscription, it is quite a difficult task to decide upon the service provider and what package would be suitable for you. For this give a call on the toll-free number of a selected DTH service provider. A customer care executive will reach you with a list of packages comprising various TV channels and validity period. Upon selection of one suitable to your requirement, the CCE would fix up a set-top box with a card in it. In less than half an hour, your television is connected to the broadcaster.
Facilities That DTH Companies Offer:
- A DTH subscription gives you with the extensive range of channels compared to typical cable connection.
- Any problem with your connection would be quickly sought out by customer care executives in 24 hours over just a call.
- HD boxes are not costlier.
- It reduces the mess of cable wires.
- Online recharge of DTH saves your time and energy of going out and looking for someone to recharge it.
- Though subscription of HD channels costs you some extra amount, they aren’t compulsory to subscribe. A provision to select any specific number(s) of channels to watch in HD format is available on the ala-carte basis.
- With Digital Video Recorder (DVR) services, you cannot just watch the channels regularly but can pause, rewind or record the serials or movies you wish to view later.
- With Standard Definition (SD) channels; you are also provided with the High Definition (HD) channels. These channels are brighter than usual channels with improved sound quality.
- You can attach TV to your mobile or computer and enjoy the services on the go.
- You can avail extra Value Added Services (VAS) like cookery, comedy, games, exclusive movies on demand, and spiritual channels or activities, etc. by paying for the same.
- You can opt for monthly, half-yearly and yearly packages.
- You have to pay only for channels you watch or services you avail.
Tips To Select Your DTH Operator:
- Compare how much extra you have to pay for Value-added services (VAS)
- Compare the packages of different DTH providers and services provided by them.
- Confirm with the operator for providing portability service. They will then fix-up your connection on the same set-top box you are using. They will realign existing antenna. This might cost you some extra amount.
- Installation charges should be discussed. Enquire about how much would be charged for relocation.
- Make a rough list of channels you watch the most. So that you can opt the package that offers the same.
- Some providers also provide 3D channels. This is a highly charged feature and requires a 3D TV.
- Take a look to analyze the presence of DTH connections around you to decide the one for you.
- Decide what picture quality you want SD or HD.
Various DTH Providers Are:
- Tata Sky: It provides DTH service with many value-added services. Select the package you want to avail, make the payment online through secured payment portal and avail services. If you don’t go online call customer care service, they will visit your place show you packages, and you can pay on the spot to enjoy TATA Sky services. You can maintain online account and monitor your plan or change plan whenever you want.
- Airtel: It provides excellent services. Paying online or at your doorstep, the choice is yours. There are different and customizable packages available. Select monthly or yearly plans. You can change your package as and when you wish to do.
- Videocon DTH: Videocon provides various channels and offers to their consumers. It offers exclusive benefits to consumers. There is a Videocon Club which Videocon D2h customers can join and avail special offers. There are HD, and SD plans to pick.
- Sun Direct TV: It is the leading DTH provider in South India. It provides exclusive offers and benefits. It includes the entertainment, religious, and sports channels. Seasonal discounts are offered.
- Dish TV: Customize packages are allowed by choosing channels you want to see, if you’re going to remove channel before the expiry of your plan, subscribers are charged for only channels they prefer.
Selecting a DTH Subscription is no rocket science. Just the basics to understand and you are good to go for this facility. Remember! a healthy package should contain channels from all genres.
Happy TV Time…..